Thursday, January 5, 2012

Beard + Lederhosen

Beard was published this year, and my husband is in it.
It is a collection of portraits from the World Beard Championship in 2009.

Drew was a competitor in this unusual championship. I made him some special hand-embroidered lederhosen for the event. I had completely forgotten about this awesome piece of clothing until this gem of a book arrived in our post box. Thankfully Drew saves everything, even his wife-made lederhosen! I found them in the basement neatly folded in a box with his favorite childhood t-shirts.

Photo by: Dave Mead

Photo by: Carolee Coy

10 comments:

1. SheilaJan 5, 2012 08:28 AM
    Very cool to be in a book! The last shot looks like its right out of the Sound of Music. Where was it taken?
    ReplyDelete
  2. JessicaJan 5, 2012 08:36 AM
    That's cool the published a book from it. The crazy Brooklyn Bridge beard should be in some book somewhere. Maybe when we furnish Rhett's office we should buy a copy as a coffee table book, different and interesting!
    ReplyDelete
  3. Lady DanburryJan 5, 2012 08:42 AM
    The mountain picture was taken in Provo Canyon, but it looks like it could pass for the Alps.
    ReplyDelete
  4. thegarmentfarmerJan 5, 2012 08:49 AM
    wow, really cool! your husband looks very handsome with a beard :) I like the embroidery, it looks amazing--that's something I'd like to learn to do. Bravo.
    ReplyDelete
  5. Mrs. HamJan 5, 2012 09:22 AM
    i really thought that was ryan gosling for a minute! they're twins...which is good i think ;)

hope all is well. (don't worry, the holidays set me back a little on the skirt. i'm telling you i'm a chub right now!)
    ReplyDelete
  6. sharon.Jan 5, 2012 09:38 AM
    I think my baby fetus absolutely needs some Lynette made lederhosen. How can I order?! Also, when Visiting Utah my mom had me go through a box full of old photos. I found some awesome ones of us. Remeber when you put mascara on me for the first time? True friend :)
    ReplyDelete
  7. JessieJan 5, 2012 03:20 PM
    Oh my goodness this made me laugh. I'd forgotten about his beard. Looks good either way, and the embroidery on those lederhosen is amazing. You guys are such a fantastic couple.
    ReplyDelete
  8. Whitney and BradJan 5, 2012 07:41 PM
    Wow! my husband can really grow any facial hair. He would have fun with it if he could. I was wondering if you might be able to help me with a sewing question. I am making a purse that is lined on the inside. I want to put in a zipper for a closure instead of velco. How/when would i sew the zipper in so that I can still turn my bag right side out? hope that makes sense. I cant figure it out. You can email me at hyatwhit@gmail.com Thanks!
    ReplyDelete
  9. Vanessa VancourJan 6, 2012 12:11 AM
    I've always dreamt of creating my own beard book. I would walk around town with a camera in my purse so I could take pictures of beards.

This post just made my day.
    ReplyDelete
  10. Toma Muznikait─ŚJan 6, 2012 12:45 PM
    chi! soo cool. I wish my boyfriend would have beard... :D
    ReplyDelete