This is Meggy. And she is my best friend. We met when we were sixteen, because she lived in the same neighborhood as my first boyfriend.
My favorite things about Meggy:
- She is totally loyal. Meggy is the friend that shows up to my party an hour early to make sure the oranges are sliced and that I have enough time to get dressed.
- She has the best appetite. No one ever expects this out of her because she's just so tiny. I've seen her win eating contests when she was competing against male football players on steroids. She's amazing.
- She's as smart as a whip. She is fluent in Spanish and she has read every book you have read.
- She doesn't mind that I don't text message. I'm pretty sure this annoys most of my friends, but Meggy doesn't care. She just calls.
- She loves my family. When my whole family gets together it is incredibly loud and it can get crazy. She always sticks around and just laughs with me.
I designed this dress for Meggy. It all started with the shoes. They reminded me of the movie Meet Me In Saint Louis, so while I was trying to think of a design for Meggy, I watched it. I was really inspired by the corsets, pleated skirts, and puffy sleeves.
The bodice of Meggy's dress is made with small box pleats that create an illusion of a corset. The box pleats also give the skirt its fullness.